CoLab is committed to providing and presenting information as clearly as possible. If anything within this document is not clear, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
CoLab is a networking site for individuals within the creative industry. It has been designed with the thoughts of users in mind, integrating your feedback at every stage. To ensure that it delivers the highest quality service for all its members, by using the site, you accept the agreements presented below in the terms and conditions.
CoLab regularly evaluates opportunities to further enhance and update its products and services. CoLab therefore reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, service terms and privacy policies from time to time. To keep abreast of developments, please check this information regularly.
Beta VersionCoLab is currently in a Beta stage of testing. As a result, in taking on board user feedback and improving the site there may be slight glitches in the experience. CoLab welcomes all feedback on how to adapt and improve the site for its members.
To learn more about the Beta version please visit the Beta page
To provide feedback please refer to our Feedback page
DefinitionsWithin this document, for absolute clarity please refer to the below definitions:
‘Site’ / ‘platform’ refers to the CoLab website and experience.
‘Services’ refers to the provision of opportunities for users to interact with other members of the site, i.e. via profiles and Clipboard and search functionalities.
‘User’ refers to you and your use of the site.
‘Members’ / ‘CoLaborators’ refers to other users that have signed up for the service.
‘Third parties’ refers to any external sites, companies and providers that CoLab works with in enhancing its services.
‘Profile’ refers to the placement of your personal information on a dedicated page designed to display it in the best possible fashion.
‘Clipboard’ refers to the opportunity (unique to CoLab) to create a project by selecting up to 24 members, per Clipboard to collaborate with. Each user is able to create a maximum of 3 Clipboards.
The site has been designed to give members of the creative industry the best possible opportunity to profile themselves, their expertise and examples of their work. The site has therefore been specifically designed for use by individuals of 16 and above. If you are younger, please do not subscribe or create a profile. We will take down any profiles that have been identified as not being in accordance of this policy.
Use of the site
By using the site you are agreeing to the following policies. Although subject to update at any time, the information presented within these is final and are non negotiable:
- CoLab doesn’t control or cannot be responsible for conversations between members. Careful attention should be taken when corresponding with other members. Don’t give out sensitive information that you would not be happy being made public.
- CoLab cannot be responsible for any monetary agreements resulting from work and or correspondence between members. All agreements are entered into at your own risk.
- CoLab upholds the highest level of service quality: Any users abusing the services of CoLab for any reason be it uploading offensive material, transmit viruses or harassing other members will be removed immediately without explanation.
- CoLab reserves the right to suspend, block or delete users without explanation. Any users reported to us will be inspected thoroughly and dealt with appropriately.
- By creating a profile and uploading personal information, you are accepting that your information is publicly accessible and available for others to view. For full information on how your information is used, please refer to our Privacy page.
- In creating a profile and uploading all the necessary information and external links to third party sites, you are agreeing that all the information provided by you is genuine and accurate to date and that you, the user, are responsible for all materials uploaded onto your profile. CoLab cannot be held responsible for any misrepresentation of user’s details of third party links In creating a profile you are agreeing that all the information uploaded either; belongs to you, you have taken part in or has been uploaded with the permission of the owner. Any information that infringes copyright will be removed without explanation.
- CoLab reserves the right to update and improve the site at any point in time. Although all precautions will be made to deliver updates with minimal disruption CoLab cannot be held responsible for any affects on the sites performance including the loss of personal information.
- You use the site at your own risk. CoLab cannot be responsible for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your use of the site.
- CoLab cannot be held responsible for the content presented on any third party websites that are linked to throughout the site.
- To optimise the CoLab experience personal information from members is often presented in other areas throughout the site including, but not limited to, the search functionality, clip boards, the home page and the login page.
- Through the creation of a profile you are automatically entering into an agreement to receive a newsletter via email from CoLab. Should you wish not to, you can always unsubscribe by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided within the bottom of each email.
- Although CoLab prides itself on its ability to interact with its customers, it can not be accountable for the time it takes to respond to any attempts to contact us via any channel.
- By using the site you are not to link to other members profiles from an external site without their express permission.
- By using the site you are agreeing not to harvest and extract information from other members for your own purposes. Those caught doing so will be removed without warning.
CoLab is a unique social networking site for individuals within the creative industry. By using it, you are agreeing not to copy the site, or any of its functionality for derivative works. This includes the way in which its profiles are designed, arranged, the information they contain and the ease of information management in the profile administration page. You are also agreeing not to copy any of the elements related to the ‘Clipboard’ functionality which is proprietary and unique to CoLab.
You are also agreeing not to use the CoLab name, logo, brand or materials to endorse or imply endorsement for any other product or company for any purpose without the express permission of CoLab.
We reserve the right to take appropriate action to prevent any contravention to the above information about intellectual property or any other point raised within the CoLab terms and conditions.
Any breach in these terms and conditions may in CoLab suffering loss. By using the site you therefore agree to indemnify us against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of non-compliance by you with these terms and conditions.
No waiver shall be construed as a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other provisions is help to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
As amended from time to time, these terms and conditions together with any document expressly referred to in them comprise the entire agreement between you and us.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.